APPLICATIONS FOR OUR SUMMER 2018 PILOT PROGRAMME ARE NOW CLOSED.
Want to be the first to know when our intern applications reopen?
Sign up to our newsletter and follow us on twitter!
To be considered as a possible PressPad lodger, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a student, a recent graduate or someone in the UK whose primary residence is outside of London
- You must have secured an internship/work experience with a recognised media organisation or individual and be able to present proof of the placement
- The scheme is not designed to provide accommodation for longer than one month and if, for any reason, the internship/placement the candidate has been offered should end prematurely, PressPad retains the right to also cut short the lodging agreement
- You must be willing to sign a lodger agreement form with your landlord/lady journalist
- You will be expected to attend at least one cohort networking event.
What you need to apply to be a PressPad intern
- Download and fill out the Press Pad Intern Application Form.
- Get a supportive testimonial from a teacher, employer, family friend or journalism professor.
- Get official proof that you have been offered a placement in London.
Send ALL THREE documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 30th April 2018. All applicants will be notified and offered feedback.
What is in the application document? Here’s a little preview.
- Please explain why you think you are in need of a PressPad (maximum 200 words)
- Tell us about an issue you would like to pursue from your home town/city that you think which would be of service to your community, how you would do it and why the story is important to cover (maximum 250 words)
- Tell us a story that shows you have the determination and dedication to enter the journalism profession (maximum 250 words)
- We would like to see a supportive testimonial from a teacher, employer, family friend or journalism professor. They must send their reference to email@example.com
- Please describe what you are looking for in a mentor as well as your more long-term career ambitions (maximum 200 words).
Applications closed on 30th April 2018.
All applicants will be notified and offered feedback.